Friday, June 22, 2012
USA - INC Research Promotes Clinical Trials Innovation to Support Big Thinking at DIA 2012 Annual Meeting
Global CRO Discusses New Approaches to Maximizing Drug Pipelines and Forging Collaborative Alliances, Highlights Growing Asia/Pacific Region
Raleigh, N.C., June 21, 2012 - INC Research, LLC, a therapeutically focused clinical research organization (CRO) with a Trusted ProcessR for delivering reliable results, will be showcasing the latest innovations in clinical trial development and partnering strategies at the 2012 DIA Annual Meeting from June 24 - 28 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
INC Research executives will be available at booth #1901 to advance the conversation on maximizing drug pipelines, including innovative alliance models that drive efficiencies and regional expertise in underutilized areas to optimize drug development efforts.
"CROs are no longer simply considered simply clinical trial outsourcing vendors. Rather, sponsors are looking to CROs to bring new tools and approaches to the table for a competitive edge when bringing drugs to market," said James Ogle, CEO, INC Research. "On top of our deep therapeutic expertise, global capabilities and operational excellence, we are at the forefront of innovation for all stages of the clinical trial process - from concept through commercialization. We always look forward to DIA as a forum to share our insights and engage on a deeper level of discussion to propel the industry forward."
In particular, INC Research representatives will be available to discuss recent developments in:
- Strategic alliances - Compare and contrast the current prevailing partnership models and how they apply in different scenarios: Clinical delivery alliances, asset transfer alliances and Functional Service Provider (FSP) relationships.
- Conducting trials in Asia/Pacific - Examine risks and rewards of navigating new global regions, regulatory environments and local population nuances across Australia, China and India.
- Risk-based monitoring - Deliberate alternative monitoring approaches based on recent guidance for source verification, including Targeted Source Document Verification (TSDV) and "triggered" monitoring.
The Company's thought leaders are also participating in several educational sessions focusing on a range of topics from innovative partnering models and advances in adaptive clinical trial design to regulatory reform for medical devices in Asia.
Tim Dietlin, Vice President, Alliance Development, INC Research
- "Risk-sharing Partnerships in Drug Development and Commercialization," June 27 at 8 a.m.
- "Preferred Provider Relationships: Yesterday's Obstacles, Today's Successes and Tomorrow's Vision," June 28 at 10:45 p.m.
William K. Sietsema, PhD, Vice President, Regulatory Strategy, Consulting and Submissions, INC Research
- "Managing Drug Development Portfolios in a Safety-Heightened Environment," featuring Keith Ruark, VP, AVOS Consulting as a presenter, June 28 at 9 a.m.
- "Strategically Reduce Cost by Controlling Study Design Cost Drivers with Attention to Studies with Biomarkers," June 28 at 10:45 p.m.
Alan Touch, OD, Principal Strategist, Medical Devices and In-Vitro Diagnostics, INC Research
- "Current Advancement of Regulatory Reform for Medical Devices in Asia and Its Strategic Impact," June 27 at 10 a.m.
John Whitaker, PhD, Vice President, Clinical Innovation, INC Research
- "Recent Advances in Adaptive Clinical Trial Designs for Medical Writers," June 27 at 3:30 p.m.
Dawn Pirozzi Maxemow, Senior Medical Writing QR Specialist, INC Research
- "Medical Writing Competencies and Best Practices in the Global Environment," June 28 at 10:45 a.m.
For more information or to schedule a meeting at DIA 2012, visit the INC Research site.
About INC Research
INC Research is a therapeutically focused clinical research organization with a high-performance reputation for conducting global clinical development programs of the highest integrity. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies look to INC Research for a complete range of customized Phase I through Phase IV programs in all therapeutic areas and innovative pediatric and women's health trials. The Company's Trusted ProcessR methodology and therapeutic foresight lead customers to more confident, better-informed drug and device development decisions. INC Research is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. For more information, please visit www.incresearch.com or follow us at @inc_research.
Contact: Lori Dorer, Media (513) 345-1685